Friday, September 11, 2009

Mmmm Lentil Soup

A while ago I made this lentil soup sans the yogurt.  At first I was a little afraid it was going to turn out awful because there are so few ingredients, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I loved it!  It is just lentils, tomatoes, onions, salt, olive oil and greens but it is so delicious.  This recipe made a huge amount of soup and so I froze some of it.  After finishing what I didn't freeze in mere days I quickly defrosted the rest and devoured it. I ate it plain, with salsa on top, and with avocado on top.  Nom.  It was so good I couldn't wait to make it again!  Well, tonight I finally did it.  And so I present to you:















Lentil Soup

Sorry the picture is so crappy, but there will be plenty more as I finish the leftovers.  My boyfriend doesn't like soup so the whole pot is mine! 

To accompany this lovely soup I made two other dishes.  In the cookbook that my mom got me "The Cookbook for People Who Love Animals" there was a recipe for stuffed potatoes.  The recipe was essentially twice baked potatoes which I had never made before.  This recipe got me thinking that I can't remember the last time I had a baked potato.  I always eat them either mashed, made into baked fries or hash browned.  So I set to work making some baked potatoes.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly and they didn't turn out to be the greatest, but they were quite decent.  I used olive oil, water, italian seasoning, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper and then topped with a brushing of oil, nutritional yeast and paprika.  They were good but a little dry.

I also made  cauliflower and carrots baked with some onions and nutritional yeast.  I really like this method but my boyfriend does not.  Oh well, more for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment