Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pancake Roll Ups

I totally slacked on uploading my pictures these last two weeks and managed to accumulate 116.  Granted I was trying to get some real pretty pictures for a printout I was doing, but still that's a daunting amount of pictures to go through.  This resulted in my procrastinating uploading them and thus missing out on the deadline for a contest that was hosted by Miss Chocolate Covered Katie.  Since I made them and took pictures though I might as well share.

The contest was to make pancake roll ups.  Check out Katies posts for some unbelievably yummy looking versions; especially these blueberry ones.   Being the odd duck that I am I wanted to do something different.  And different is definitely what I got.

First I made pancakes (I believe they were sweet potato pancakes but at this point who can remember details like that?)













Then I spread them with some of the Chocolate Spread from Love Street Living that I purchased at a discount with samples thanks again to Katie.  After that I rolled them with some odd fillings.














And sprinkled them with shredded coconut.  They may look beautiful, and they may have tasted alright, but they were nothing like I expected.

But what can you really expect when you stuff your pancakes with pineapple or even better, beets?














Definitely not a recipe for the history books in this one.  But a fun experience none the less.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! They look so good! You are way too cute, girl!

    P.S. Sending you an email :)

    ReplyDelete