Saturday, June 19, 2010

Foods! Omnomnomnom

I'm going to give this to you with relatively little commentary.

Lunch at People's Co-op.  Kale salad, tofu and the best "tuna" salad ever.



























Banana Hammock in honor of Chocolate Covered Katie.








Really yummy bean dip I made for my mom for Mother's Day to go along with this:



Carrot Cake.  How cute is that carrot!













One day I was feeling a little like I was getting sick so I used the oranges from my CSA and made blood orange juice.














I had a couple of weeks where I didn't get to eat the apples fast enough and so they got a little soft.  I used them to make muffins.  These turned out remarkably well considering I misread apple cider for apple cider vinegar.  They were a little tart but delicious regardless.



Taco salad.  This is from a while ago but along the lines of what I ate all week.  This one had steamed broccoli, frozen peas and corn, salsa, black beans, lettuce and tortilla chips.  My salads of late have added avocado.












Waffle with strawberries and some maple syrup with a little cocoa powder mixed in.






This was sad face was actually a delicious dinner.  I had some everything bagels in my freezer.  I toasted and then topped with spaghetti sauce and some meatless balls.  Most of the time my boyfriend does not care for my dinners.  This one he was envious of.  Not the toast with lentils though.  That was another great combo.  Toast with earth balance topped with cold lentils that had been cooked with garlic and onions.




Speaking of lentils.  Familiar meal.



And to round off this yumminess, Sipz Vegan Caterpillar Roll.  Teriyaki mushrooms, sweet potato and I think cucumber.








And some imitations.








Mine has meatless balls and bbq sauce in it.













As does my boyfriend's.


Thinking: but that's not sushi...

How about this one??









That's vegan pepperoni.  I say, if it has rice and is wrapped in nori, then it's sushi.

And finally, I leave you with a message presented to me upon entering the farmer's market one weekend.
 





Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that blood orange juice looks a little gory! Do you watch True Blood? They created a fake Tru Blood for marketing purposes that is a blood orange soda. Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, you just made my day. Seriously.

    And wow, how cute is that caterpillar?! Almost too cute to eat. :)
    Happy Sunday, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete