Friday, August 20, 2010

Some Random Dinners

Since this post is going to be so random I think I will refrain from much commentary save for expliantion of what it is.












Cantaloupe halve filled with blueberries, grapes, strawberries and cherries.












That thing was nothing compared to this cantaloupe.  I cut this thing open last night and I think it is easily the best cantaloupe I have ever eaten.  I have yet to cut open that watermelon.  Those are both from the farmer's market last Sunday.











Chicken Boca Burger mania.  Wrapped in lettuce with Spicy Sabra Hummus.  Yum.












And the full plate.











Chicken Boca Burger on a sandwich thin with Trader Joe's hash brown, tomato form my garden, steamed broccoli and corn and a smidgen of hummus.











Black beans, corn and oven fries.










Fennel potatoes that my boyfriend didn't like and so ate with ketchup.  I thought they were delicious.











Oven fries with a salad of CSA goodness.  Lettuce, cucumber, heirloom tomato and some hummus.











Boca burger with lettuce and avocado, hash brown and tomato sprinkled with pepper.











Lentils cooked with onions and shredded carrots topped with avocado and salsa with a side of rye bread with earth balance.











This was a fantastic dinner!  I learned a new trick to toss my spaghetti with a little olive oil after cooking.  It makes the sauce stick to the pasta so much better and leftovers are a million times better!  I also make toast and spread with earth balance and then run a piece of cut garlic over it to make quick garlic bread.  The salad consisted of lettuce from my CSA, cherry tomatoes from my garden and topped with hummus.  The spaghetti also has Trader Joe's meatless meatballs.  Yum!











This was one of the first meals I ate at home after Comic Con.  Defrosted tofu quiches, hash brown with ketchup and two pieces of toast.  One had jelly and the other earth balance along with a lonely piece of frozen broccoli.












A few nights ago I tried my hand at making home made tortilla chips.  They turned out decent but I didn't have quite enough oil to get them exactly right.  Still delicious.











I paired them with some salsa, steamed corn, broccoli and carrots and some pan fried prebaked tofu.











A few weeks ago I went to an off site meeting with my boss with one of our clients and on the way back to the office he stopped at Denny's for us to get lunch.  I was pleasantly surprised to find  that Denny's offers Boca burgers!  I got this with onion rings, bbq sauce, tomato, onion and lettuce and it was quite good.  I should post this in an ongoing series of "Proof That Vegan's Can Eat Anywhere!".










At one of the other restaurants I sort of work for, Indigo Grill (I am a bookkeeper for multiple restaurants) I got a plate they call Good Things Growing that they made vegan.  This plate is a mash up of a bunch of different vegan options.  One time when I came in they made it with this rice with cranberries and pepitas that was so delicious but I have yet to have that again since.  This plate consisted of butternut squash, an anaheim pepper stuffed with corn and other veggies, a chunk of tofu, a salad with pears, red pepper and a fried beet slice, roasted garlic, roasted potatoes and grilled plantains.  Yummy!















And here is my boyfriend's half chicken with beans, rice, guac and I believe a mole sauce.












And here is my plate of leftovers combined with some toast with earth balance. 

And that is the end of my randomness.  Promise the next post will have more structure.  Assuming I get a next post written....I mean, for sure.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment