Monday, August 16, 2010

Basil Strawberry Creamy Goodness

I store my compostable scraps in a container on my counter until it is full and then I take it downstairs to the compost pile.  One day when I opened the container I was met by an intriguing smell.  Usually I try to keep from smelling when I open the container as it is not generally a pleasant smell but this time was different.  When I investigated further I found that the aroma was coming from a combination of strawberry and basil.  This smell combination fascinated me.  I googled strawberries and basil and found a number of people had already discovered this genius combination.  The next time I got some basil and strawberries in my CSA I decided to take this flavor combination for a test drive.












It's been a while since I made this but I think that in the mini food processor are frozen strawberries, basil and soy milk.  Pulsed for a minute or two, this came out nice and creamy and delicious.












I love the little flecks of green.  Don't be afraid to give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment