Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Products...

For my final post of pictures I took this weekend, I have a few products I would like to review/discuss.
First is this tea that I got on my way home from work on Friday.  At Henry's they were on sale for $1.50 and each one had an attached coupon for $1.00 off making them $.50 each!  I don't drink much other than water but I do like tea so I grabbed a couple to try.

























This one is pomegranate cherry blend.  This is the listing of ingredients other than tea leaves.  A few more than I would like and I'd prefer sugar not be so high up there, but overall not sooo bad.  According to Wiki, manioc root starch is made from yucca root.  It is also the same thing that is used to make tapioca balls for use in boba. 

Although I experiment with different non dairy milks, this is the one I tend to get most of the time.

And here is why.  Two ingredients.  Everything else has sweeteners or thickeners...I really should just make my own.


Sprouts had a new size of canola oil which was quite a bit cheaper than buying the small size.  Once I made this purchase however, I got to thinking about how fast this oil would go bad and whether or not it was indeed a good purchase.  Isn't fresh oil better?


Also, I bought this coconut oil, took it home and stored it in my pantry.  When I came back the next day, it was totally melted.  It says no need to refrigerate, store in cool, dark place.  Anyone know why this would happen?  Is it still good?  I was under the impression that coconut oil was supposed to stay semi solid.

That's it for now.  Be back soon with this mornings breakfast after I go put dinner in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment