Friday, December 18, 2009

Vegan Pumpkin Pie!
















I was so excited this year when my mom said that she was going to make me some vegan side dishes for Thanksgiving.  That post is coming next, but meanwhile here is my vegan pumpkin pie which turned out fabulous.  I used the recipe from the Joy of Vegan Baking and it was incredible.  I had a couple of issues with the crust and really disliked using vegetable shorting (eew!) but sacrifices had to be made.
















Look at that beautiful crust.  Like I'd been doing this for years!


 I was quite disappointed though because I bought some vegan whipped topping that was made out of rice milk and had some high expectations.  Sadly, the product did not deliver.  Good thing the pie was delicious on its own.  No one else had any except my boyfriend had a slice.  I cut the whole thing into slices and froze them in tupperware.  I defrosted a slice whenever I wanted one.  Another post about leftover pie to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment